USONW – http://www.usonw.org/
We have an ongoing collection of items in support of the USO NW Center at SeaTac Airport.
Please bring any item you would like to donate to them with you to the next club event you attend. The USO NW at SeaTac Airport is the busiest USO in the country serving military personnel travel to and from the USA and receive no government assistance.
Top Ten Items Needed: Disposable razors, travel size deodorant, travel size toothpaste, toothbrushes, gasoline gift cards (for their mobile canteen), bananas, applesauce, sandwich meat (turkey, ham), bottled water, baby food.
Food Items Needed: Granola bars, crackers, large cans of tuna, Pop-tarts, Cliff Bars, NutriGrain Bars, tortilla chips, nacho cheese, peanut butter and jelly, bread (any kind), all beef hot dogs, buns, condiments, snack size bags of chips, beef jerky, fruit leathers, fruit cups, hot chocolate mix, juice boxes, soda, Crystal Light mix, lemonade mix, tea bags, coffee creamers, coffee sugar bags.
Paper Items Needed: Napkins, paper plates, paper cups, plastic forks spoons & knives.
Cleaning Supplies Needed: Hand soap.
Baby Items Needed: Baby formula, diapers/pull-ups.
Office Supplies Needed: Crayons, colored pencils, markers, kids coloring books, staples, tape (packing/scotch, etc), computer/lens wipes, pens (black and blue), Sharpies, “Forever” USPS mailing stamps, computer paper, notepads.
Bath Supplies Needed: Travel size mouth wash, shaving cream, wash clothes, towels, tissues, shower shoes.
Other Items Needed: Walgreen Gift Cards, DVDs, socks.
Here is a list of some of the charities that we have supported in the past:
- 911 Fireman’s Fund
- Adopt-A-Highway cleanup
- Amanda Hopkins Taylor for St. Baldrick’s Foundation
- America Scores – Seattle
- American Red Cross- Hurricane relief
- Artificial Reefs in the Keys
- Burien Food Bank
- Cabo San Lucas, MX animal shelter
- Cocoon House in Everett
- Compass Center in Seattle
- Des Moines Food Bank
- DJ Jeff Fund
- Fallen Officer’s Foundation
- Fare Start of Greater Seattle
- Financial support for Parrot Heads and friends needing medical assistance or other support
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center
- Helping Hands in Tacoma
- Lung Association
- Make a Wish
- Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital
- NADRA “Decks for Soldiers”
- Nancy’s Secret Garden in Key West
- Northwest Harvest and local foodbanks
- Paint Tacoma
- Park improvements in King and Snohomish Counties
- Parrot Heads in Need (PHiN fund)
- Pediatric Infant Care Center in Kent
- Reading with Rover
- Ronald McDonald House
- Sammamish Re-leaf
- Seafair Pirates Treasure Chest
- Sleep Country’s Foster Kids
- Sound Experience
- St. Leo’s Food Connection
- Starlight Foundation
- Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation
- Tall Elks Therapy Program for Children
- Team in Training
- Toys for Tots
- Vashon Island Social Services Network Meal Program
- We’ve also adopted a manatee in Florida and an Orca in Puget Sound
- World vision Disaster Relief Fund